This position will serve under the Division of Interpretation in order to:
- Assist interpretive staff with planning and developing the New River Gorge Citizen Science Education Guide.
- Create and develop an educational guide for school age children to teach them about the park, the National Park Service, and the natural and cultural resources found within the park.
- Lead and assist with presenting educational programming for children
- Develop a knowledge of the natural and cultural resources of the park and the mission of the National Park Service, and use that knowledge to educate youth.
- Act as a role model and leader for youth attending programs at the park.
- Participate in seasonal training including park and mission orientation, introduction to the fundamental resources of the park, and interpretive techniques.
- Participate in safety training including CPR and First Aid, park communications and radio use, and preparedness for program activities.